On a recent #WhyWednesday post, I had a great question: What are the top 5 things I can do to live a long life and keep mobility as long as possible? Great question!
There were so many thoughts that came to my mind and I attempted to give a succinct answer on the FB post. Honestly, I sit in the office all day and listen to patient after patient and I honestly feel that we are all saying the same thing.
-we want some peace and stillness
-we want to feel connected to ourselves emotionally and when we look in the mirror we want to see ourselves
-we want to understand
When we feel off we:
-cannot remember and concentrate
-we cannot sleep or do not feel rested
-we do not want to move as much or want to move all the time but realize that somehow we cannot out run the feeling
-we feel alone
-the world looks a little dark (or maybe a lot dark)
-it feels foggy in our minds and scary.
-at night our habits that we would like to change keep repeating themselves
-we gain weight
So realize if you happen to feel this way- while you may feel alone, you are not. You are human. You are on a life adventure. There are good times, there are hard times…and sometimes we find the beauty of the center of it all.
So…with the above in mind- when you feel stuck..try the following:
- Drink some water (our bodies like water)
- Feed your body- do not eat for your mind (it likes sugar and carbs)- eat for your body- veggies, proteins
- Move-do not make it hard. After all, we evolved in a cave with rocks and dirt.
- Sweat a little and make sure you have a good poop.
- Be adaptable, do not be fearful to change- the anxiety of change is the unknown- the benefit of the journey is confidence. With confidence there will be less fear. If you try and it did not go the way that you wanted…you did not fail- you just figured out a way that did not work. Try again, just a little different. Eventually you will find your way if you are passionate.
If you are ever still feeling stuck….just phone a friend, reach out for help. You are not alone,
Dr. Samantha Durland is board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Anti-aging and Regenerative medicine and Fellowship trained in Metabolic and Nutritional medicine. Learn more about her ground-breaking philosophy and prescription for wellness- My Simple 7– daily actions to thrive in a strong, healthy and peaceful body. Visit the Simple Shop online to learn more about how Simple Wellness Supplements can be shipped directly to you.
Give us a call and schedule your in-person or virtual visit today!